Saturday, September 5, 2009

Tetsuya's Coming to Charlotte!



Lately, Tetsuya has been bombarding me with weird questions about Charlotte. I usually end up getting angry because he speaks in such general terms whenever he asks cultural things. I mean, this kind of wording could get you killed in the US.

Things like:
"So, in America, every people has many guns?"
"American people likes war, right?"
"Shah-lotte is not famous. What is Sha-lotte famous somesing?"
"You don't know famous American sport team in Sha-lotte?"
"So Shah-lotte is white people only? Looks like white and black people only."
"How far is Wasington DC? We go to DC or New York City?"
"Everyday, I'm sinking about Nosu Carulaina."
"Are you ready?" - For what? "Nosu Carulaina." - That's in like two weeks. "It's coming soon."
"I'm so exciting for September 17. I can't wait."

1 comment:

Mabel said...

Curiously, many of Tets questions seem to echo mine.
"What is Sha-lotte famous somesing?"
"Looks like only white and black people."
And my personal fave "Everyday I'm sinking about Nosu Carulaina."
I've been sinking for nearly 3 years Tets-San.
We are exciting to see you too!
Mabel